The impressive Palataki dominates the rocky cape where it stands just at the end of Limenaria harbor. It is a two-storied building rectangular with two little towers on its narrow facets. As a vivid example of eclectic architecture it is characterized by a strict geometry and influenced from central European adherents. It was built between 1903 and 1904 to house the administration of Speidel the German company which by then was exploiting the Thassos mines. In 1963 though it stopped being used since the industrial installations were deserted. Works to support the building so that it can be reused as a cultural center.